We are hiring a customer service representative and personal assistant. It has been a while since I have interviewed and my staff thought that I might brush up on my questions, especially since we are still in a pandemic. Found an interesting source that listed 58 Illegal Job Interview Questions attributed to the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission).
So many questions, so many nuances, scares me. But I will list a few of the more interesting queries. A link to find the guide is at the end of this post.
- What year did you graduate high school?
- Can we see your birth certificate or driver’s license?
- Where did you learn to speak Spanish?
- What’s your sexual orientation?
- Are you married or have children?
- What religion are you?
- Do you own a car or a home?
- How tall are you?
- What nationality are you?
- What’s your denomination?
- With which bank do you have an account?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- Can you work weekends?
- What type of military discharge?
- What fraternity were you in?
- What is your maiden name?
And there are 41 more in the guide. Remember these are not my statements. I probably disagree with as many as you do. BUT the link is HERE.