There is so much confusion about getting a Real Estate Broker or Salesperson license. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have now or later.
To qualify to sit for the DRE Salesperson exam you must:
- Complete college-level statutory courses in Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice and another elective Real Estate college course by passing open-book final exams with a grade of at least 60%.
- Pass a ½ day, 150 question, multiple choice, closed book exam with a grade of at least 70%.
- Be at least 18 years of age (no maximum age).
- Pay the State of California $60.00 for the exam and $245.00 for the four year license.
- Our company provides the home-study courses for the three required topics with easy online testing at the lowest cost available. We also offer exam preparation (crash course) programs to get you ready to pass the State exam the first time.
- You must allow a minimum of 2 ½ weeks (18 days) for each course per State Regulation and time to schedule the State Exam (could be as long as 6-8 weeks).
- Courses on topics, for example, Economics, Accounting and Business Law taken in any college even many, many years ago qualify.
- You do not have to be a California resident to get your Salesperson license (that is a Notary Commission requirement)
If you have any questions, you can email any transcripts to our office at [email protected] or 949-457-8930 and we can give you our opinion about whether they qualify. PLEASE NOTE: Continuing Education, GRI, EPRO and other designation classes do not qualify.
To qualify to sit for the DRE Broker Exam you must:
- Complete five required statutory courses (Economics or Accounting, Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Law, Real Estate Practice and Real Estate Finance) and three elective statutory courses. The three courses required for the Salesperson license qualify for this requirement so anyone who got their license after 1986 will have only 5 additional courses to complete.
- Have either two years of experience as a California Salesperson or an equivalent activity such as Appraiser, Loan Officer, Escrow Officer, Contractor etc. or a 4 year college degree with a Real Estate major or minor.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a full-day 200 question closed book multiple-choice Exam with a grade of at least 75%.
- Pay the State $95.00 to test and $300.00 for the license.
- Our company has all the courses available at reasonable cost with outstanding service. It is strongly recommended that you enroll in our exam prep “crash” course either live or by home study. This course will prepare you to pass the Broker Exam.
To Qualify For A Notary Public Commission:
- You have to complete a six hour State Approved Notary Course. We have a 1 day Seminar that satisfies that requirement, prepares you to pass the State Exam and you test right after the class.
- Or, you can complete our six hour online course and test at any State testing location.
- You pass a 30 question multiple-choice exam with a grade of 70%.
- These courses are applicable for renewing Notaries.
- You can increase your exposure in Real Estate and give better service to your clients and make some money by becoming a Notary Public.