From The Department Of Real Estate “Instructions To License Applicants”
Minimum requirements to apply for the Broker Examination and License.
- Age: You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Residence: You do not have to be a California resident
- Honesty: You must be honest and truthful. Conviction of a crime may result in denial of a license.
- Education: You must complete eight college level colleges. These five:
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Economics or General Accounting
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Practice
And three courses from the following: Advanced Legal Aspects of Real Estate, Advanced Real Estate Appraisal, or Advanced Real Estate Finance, Business Law, Common Interest Developments, Computer Applications in Real Estate, Escrows, Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending, Property Management, Real Estate Office Administration, Real Estate Principles. If you take both Economics and Accounting, you have to take only two from this list.
- Experience: A minimum of two years FULL-TIME salesperson experience within the last five years. A degree from a four-year college or university with a major or minor in Real Estate will substitute for this experience. Also, equivalent activities for two years such as escrow or title officer or real estate loan broker or a sub divider, contractor, speculative builder, sales or leasing of properties, or real estate appraiser will satisfy this requirement.
- Then pass the full day exam of 200 questions with a grade of 75% or better.
Most Salesperson applicants licensed after 1986 will have completed three of the eight courses when they qualified for their sales exam. Only five to go. You cannot complete a course in any less than 2.5 weeks so the five courses will require a time period of 12.5 weeks. Our staff can review your transcripts to see if any of your courses in college qualify. Your courses never expire.
Passing Rates for the State Exam
They range around 50%. It is recommended that you complete a License Preparation Crash Course with Duane Gomer, Inc. to improve your chances of passing. We specialize in LIVE courses. LIVE classes have a higher passing rate than online courses. They may cost a little more because of the cost of outstanding instructors and the cost of meeting rooms. But the small added cost is nothing compared to the cost of more exam fees, studying time, travel to exams, loss of work time, etc.
We have been doing these courses for over 40 years with outstanding results. Also, there are so many nuances that you should call our office and talk to a customer service expert. It is well worth the time. So many people select the wrong course, etc.
Final, Final Thought
We are the experts in LIVE courses and many companies send their students to us for them. AND, we have a Payment Plan where you can pay as your learn. Get started earlier. Get started now, sell more properties.
See you in class.