The Comment Is That, “If Marriage Were A Stock, Wall Street Would Short It.”
- Marriage is going out of fashion, as the number of persons who have never married has doubled from 1960.
- More people are doing pre-nuptials, so they are thinking about divorce even before they are getting married.
- The cost of a wedding today averages about $29,858.
- People who spend $20,000 or more on their wedding were 46% more likely to divorce than a couple who spent between $1,000 and $5,000.
- However, couples who make more than $125,000 a year are 51% less likely to split than a couple earning $25,000 or less.
- Adults aged over 50 accounted for more than 25% of the divorces in 2010 versus 10% in 1990.
- Two-thirds of divorces are started by women.
As I have always said that picking a career is so important and picking a suitable area to live is so important, but picking a spouse is a really, really important decision. As the Sarge said on the show, Hill Street Blues, “Now, you be careful out there.” And remember – people lie on Dating Site Resumes!