Tips To Taking The State Exam:
- The salesperson exam is 3 hours and 15 minutes with 150 multiple choice questions (1.3 minutes per), 70% passing grade.
- The broker exam is 5 hours with 200 multiple choice questions (1.5 minutes each, broker questions must be considered more difficult, you think), 75% passing grade.
- Exams are offered in Fresno, La Palma, Oakland, Sacramento, and San Diego.
- They are presented in computer format, and because of this change, your results will be given to you upon completion. If you pass, no grade and you are told what you missed. If you fail, you are given your grade, and an indication on how you did on the separate sections.
- Valid photo ID is needed; DMV card or license, Passports (US and others), U.S. Military Card.
- Many items are not allowed in the classroom: cell phones, purses, wallets, backpacks and others, food or drink, study materials, PDA’s or computers, calculators, cameras, recorders, watches, pens, hats, lapel pins, tie tacs, weapons, and other items deemed inappropriate. No guns even if you have a carry permit and leave those tie tacs at home.
- Cell phones are locked up so they cannot be used even when you take a break.
- Basic calculators are provided, and the key word here is basic.
- You cannot inspect your answer sheet after the exam.
- Penalties are discussed in Business and Professions Code 123 and others. The same old, same old. Except stealing exam questions, using stolen exam questions, taking exam materials out of the class, copying answers or allowing copying, taking an exam for someone else, talking in class, etc. has a penalty of $10,000 and the costs of the litigation.
- You can reapply to take the exam after you are told you failed.
- No limit on many times you can take the exam in the two year period. The fee to retake the exam is $15 salesperson/$20 broker the first time, $30 thereafter. If two years pass, you can continue taking it but you must submit a new application and meet the current Statutory requirements.
It is an easy process so if you have any questions, call our live staff and ask away. 800-439-4909. See you in class.