Year Ago, the Bureau of Real Estate Prepared an Interesting Quarterly Bulletin That Was Mailed to All Licensees
The people who received it all went to the same page immediately upon receipt. The page that listed the licensees who had lost their license. They were obviously looking for the name of someone they knew. We all did it.
There Have Been Two Changes
- The Bulletin is not longer mailed to everyone, but you can access it quickly online.
- The license sanctions are no longer listed but they can be accessed on the website: calbre.ca.gov. and put Summary of Enforcement Actions in the search bar. Still riveting after all these years.
There Are Many Interesting Sections in the Newly Released Spring 2017 Bulletin
There is one quote in the Wayne Bell’s Commissioner’s Message that illustrates the approach of the agency in today’s world.
“We at CalBRE are mindful that our licensees, and the sub dividers and timeshare developers we oversee, are conducting business which is essential for them, their families, their associates, their communities and the economic well-being of the State. CalBRE certainly does not plan to interfere with any business conducted in compliance with California law.”
Sounds good to me.
Also, anyone who quotes “Get Together” by The Youngbloods in his official bulletin has got to be a winner and is a person who can be trusted.
“Some will come and some will go, And we shall surely pass, When the one that left us here, Returns for us at last, We are but a moment’s sunlight, Fading in the grass.”
Other Mention-able Articles
There are also articles on:
- “Master-Planned Develoopments and Their Associations” by Chris Neri
- “Update from CalBRE’s Mortgage Loan Activities Section” by Chika Sunquist
- “Relevant Information about Subdivisions” by Chris Neri again
- “Education Course Monitoring and License Auditing” by Shelly Wilson
- and other data.
I keep page two handy at all times for this is the list of who is who and their phone numbers at CalBRE.
There is a new person listed in the important position of Chief Deputy Commissioner: Dan Sandri, who was Chief Auditor until appointed to the number two spot.
Good pick and good luck.
Start Reading This Bulletin
One tip for Company Brokers and Managers:
Go back into the Archives and look for important articles about topics that you could cover at your company meetings.
Words from the mount. Good information all licensees should know. Ignorance of any law is no excuse for a violation.